World-renown endometriosis surgeon Dr. Tamer Seckin has over 30 years of experience in laparoscopic excision surgery and can treat even the most advanced cases of endometriosis with ease.
How often should I see a doctor for endometriosis?
There is no definitive rule with regards to how often you should see a doctor if you have endometriosis. The main thing is to find a sympathetic doctor who will take the time to listen to any concerns you might have.
What are the pros and cons of surgery for endometriosis?
Both kinds of surgery for endometriosis carry the risk of scarring and adhesions. These could result in infertility, the need for other surgeries, worsening the pain or damaging the pelvic structures. Adhesions form on the peritoneum as a result of trauma or injury.
What does surgery do you get for endometriosis?
What types of surgery are used to treat endometriosis?
- Laparoscopy surgery for endometriosis. Laparoscopy is a type of minimally-invasive surgery. It uses a small, slender…
- Laparotomy surgery for endometriosis. Laparotomy is also called open surgery. This is considered a major abdominal…
- Hysterectomy for endometriosis. Hysterectomy is a procedure that can be used to…
Can endometriosis be cured without surgery?
Endometriosis is the growth of endometrial cells outside the uterus which is not normal. According to Ayurveda, endometriosis is a malfunction that harms Kapha Prakriti women more than anyone else. Planet Ayurveda has herbal formulations which help in curing Endometriosis without undergoing any surgery.
What kind of doctor should I See for endometriosis?
That’s why it is important to know what each of these doctors practice to know if you might benefit from seeing any of them. When suffering with endometriosis, one of the best things a patient can do is to seek out an endometriosis specialist. This is a medical doctor who knows the ins and outs of the disease and specializes in its treatments.
How do you talk about endometriosis?
Open Up to Your Doctor. It can be hard to talk about endometriosis. But with your doctor, it’s important to be open. Don’t downplay your pain. Describe it as precisely as you can, using words like burning, sharp, dull, or aching, if those fit how you feel. Also describe how your pain affects your life.
What is an endometriosis specialist?
Endometriosis Specialist. When suffering with endometriosis, one of the best things a patient can do is to seek out an endometriosis specialist. This is a medical doctor who knows the ins and outs of the disease and specializes in its treatments.
How do they check to see if you have endometriosis?
Tests to check for physical clues of endometriosis include:
- Pelvic exam. During a pelvic exam, your doctor manually feels…
- Ultrasound. This test uses high-frequency sound waves to create images of the inside of your body…
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)…
- Laparoscopy. In some cases, your doctor may refer you to a surgeon for a procedure…