The 11 Best Treatments for Restless Legs Syndrome.
- 2. Healthy sleep habits. Having good sleep habits is advisable for anyone, but perhaps especially for people who have trouble sleeping, such as those
- 3. Iron and vitamin supplements. Iron deficiency is thought to be one of the main causes of RLS. Several studies have shown that iron supplements can
- 4. Exercise. Exercise can help you feel better if you have RLS. The National Institutes of Health states that moderate exercise may help ease mild RLS
- 5. Yoga and stretching. Like other types of exercise, yoga and stretching exercises have been shown to have benefits for people with RLS ( 12 Trusted
What is the cause of restless legs and the cure?
The main cause of restless leg syndrome is a problem using iron in the brain or a lack of iron. The goal of RLS treatment is to relieve symptoms, increase the amount and quality of sleep, and treat any underlying medical conditions that may worsen RLS.
How do you relieve restless legs?
Giving your legs a massage is one of the simplest, but most effective ways to get rid of restless leg syndrome quickly. It will relieve the pain and itchiness caused by restless leg syndrome, enabling you to sleep well. Massage also stimulates the flow of blood into the legs, which makes them move more easily.
How to overcome restless leg syndrome naturally?
Natural ways to cope with Restless Leg Syndrome Reduce Stress. Many people suffering from Restless Leg Syndrome also suffer from high levels of stress. Treat nutrient deficiencies. Many experts have associated Restless Leg Syndrome with iron, magnesium and even vitamin deficiencies. Stay away from alcoholic drinks and caffeine. Stretch your legs daily. Soak legs in hot and cold water. Extra pillow. More items…
How can I Help my Restless Legs?
Vitamins and minerals such as E, B12, zinc, magnesium and folic acid can be helpful. Taking a multivitamin supplement can give you the vitamins you need to keep certain symptoms at bay. Acupuncture and acupressure can help reduce restless legs syndrome symptoms.
What triggers restless legs?
The researcher suggests there are several common triggers of restless legs syndrome. One is changes in sleeping patterns. When people change their sleep time or duration, they may experience the condition. Another trigger is consuming too much sugar or caffeine.
What could be causing restless legs?
Restless legs syndrome
- Overview. Restless legs syndrome (RLS) is a condition that causes an uncontrollable urge to move your legs, usually because of an uncomfortable sensation.
- Symptoms. The chief symptom is an urge to move the legs.
- Causes. Often, there’s no known cause for RLS.
- Risk factors. RLS can develop at any age, even during childhood.
What could restless legs mean to your health?
Restless legs syndrome (RLS) steals sleep. It’s usually worst in the evening and overnight, which can mean little rest, and fatigue the next day.
What can relieve restless legs syndrome?
“Anecdotally, magnesium may be helpful to relieve restless legs, and it is a natural muscle relaxant,” Dr. Vensel-Rundo says. She recommends taking magnesium separately rather than as part of