Eat to Clean
- Eat foods high in fibre, which sweeps debris from the colon.
- Chlorophyll found in green foods such as alfalfa, wheatgrass, barley grass, spirulina and blue-green algae cleanses and heals the digestive tract.
- Fermented foods such as yogurt, kefir, miso and sauerkraut replenish the friendly bacteria needed for a healthy colon.
- Drink lots of pure water.
What is the fastest way to clean a colon?
In the search for the best way to cleanse your colon, you need to start with the removal of the excess materials. The quickest way to do this is with an enema. But you can also use a natural laxative such as slippery elm bark as a part of the best way to cleanse your colon.
Can you use your diet to cleanse your colon?
Natural Colon Cleanse Using High-Fiber Foods
- Add chia seeds to your diet as a natural colon cleanse. Chia seeds are also a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids which,…
- Colon cleansing with pumpkin seeds. Snacking on pumpkin seeds, adding them to your salads, or putting them in smoothies…
- Broccoli helps to rid your intestines of toxins. One way to help cleanse toxins…
Can colon cleanse be harmful?
And colon cleansing can sometimes be harmful. In fact, coffee enemas sometimes used in colon cleansing have been linked to several deaths. Colon cleansing can also cause less serious side effects, such as cramping, bloating, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting.
Are colon cleanses healthy?
Colon health is a significant part of digestive health. Some people claim the colon should be cleansed for optimal digestive wellness. However, research proving the effectiveness of cleanses is scant and low in quality. Still, certain aspects of colon cleansing may be beneficial.
What is the best way to cleanse your colon naturally?
Consuming high-fiber foods, probiotic foods, and foods that promote healthy digestion are among some of the natural ways to cleanse your colon at home. Also, water, healthy smoothies, and some herbal teas stimulate your digestive tract to promote colon cleansing.
What is the safest colon cleanse?
People who support a water flush for colon cleansing recommend drinking six to eight glasses of lukewarm water per day. Also try eating plenty of foods high in water content. This includes fruits and vegetables like watermelons, tomatoes, lettuce, and celery.
Does fasting cleanse the colon?
Colon Cleansing During Fasting. There are several options for a fasting colon cleanse. Most fasting regimens call for some method of colon cleansing to help rid the body of unwanted toxins and waste matter .
What’s best for a clean colon?
5 colon-cleansing foods