COVID-19 affects different people in different ways. Most infected people will develop mild to moderate illness and recover without hospitalization.
Most common symptoms include:
- Dry cough
Less common symptoms:
- Aches and pains
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- a rash on skin, or discoloration of fingers or toes
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Chest pain or pressure
- Loss of speech of movement
Seek immediate medical attention if you have serious symptoms. Always call before visiting your doctor or health facility.
On average it takes 5–6 days from when someone is infected with the virus for symptoms to show, however it can take up to 14 days
Learn more at
· How long does the stomach flu last? Stomach flu (viral enteritis) is an infection in the intestines. It has an incubation period of 1 to 3 days, during which no symptoms occur.
· Stomach flu does not last very long in children or adults. It typically clears up within 2–8 days, depending on the virus that causes it. There are no formal treatments, but rest, fluids, and
· The NIDDK indicate the following time scales depending on the virus causing the infection: Norovirus: Symptoms of this virus can last between 1 and 3 days. Rotavirus: Symptoms of this virus can last between 3 and 8 days. However, it is less common in the U.S. due to… Astrovirus: Symptoms of this
- Risk Factors
· How Long Does Stomach Flu Last? Generally, stomach flu lasts for a maximum of 2 days (14-48 hrs), but the symptoms last for 10 days. Adequate resting and medication help the virus to go away within two days, but if the health continues to that needs to be treated by professionals. Ignorance towards little details may cause dangerous outcomes.
What is the longest that a stomach virus can last?
Acute gastroenteritis lasts about seven to 14 days while chronic may last for months or longer. The stomach flu (gastroenteritis) is a nonspecific term for various inflammatory problems in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract.
What is the best remedy for a stomach virus?
Garlic is one of the best home remedies for stomach virus to first try out. The potent antibiotic qualities of garlic are what make it useful in fighting different types of viral infections in the digestive system. The antibacterial and antifungal properties add to its healing powers.
How long does it take for symptoms of stomach virus to go away?
Typically, it takes a few days after exposure for symptoms to appear. However, this can depend on the specific virus. A case of the stomach flu typically resolves in less than a week. Infections in those with higher risk may last longer.
How long do stomach viruses usually last?
How long do stomach viruses last. Generally stomach viruses (Gastroenteritis) may last 1-2 days. On the other hand, bacterial cases can last a week or more.
How long does stomach virus last?
Stomach viruses generally have an incubation period of 1-3 days. During this time, you probably won’t have any symptoms. When the symptoms appear, however, they generally last between no longer than a day or two.
How long does diarrhea last with the stomach flu?
How long does the stomach flu last? Symptoms that include vomiting and diarrhea , fever and stomach pain can last for one to three days depending on the cause. Diarrhea may persist longer, for up to 10 days, after the disappearance of other symptoms.
How long are you contagious with the stomach flu?
Stomach flu does not last very long in children or adults. It typically clears up within 2–8 days, depending on the virus that causes it. There are no formal treatments, but rest, fluids, and easy-to-digest foods can help ease the symptoms. After a person’s symptoms go away, the virus might still be contagious for several days.
How long do stomach bugs last?
Stomach bug lasts for around 4 days to the average time when the conditions are critical. As frequent vomiting and fever will catch you with severe diarrhea. But the symptoms wear out a bit after a few days. The prior time till which it will last is around 7 days to the maximum.